What versions of Crystal Reports Does Sage 100 Support?
What versions of Crystal Reports (Crystal Reports Designer) are compatible or supported with Sage 100?
Sage Customer Support does not provide assistance for issues related to third party products or enhancements, hardware, report customizations, state or federal tax-related questions, or specific accounting questions. Please contact your Sage business partner, network administrator, or accountant for assistance. Please review this document for additional information on the scope of Sage Customer Support Services.
Caution: Only one version of Crystal Reports may be active on a machine. For example, if you install Workstation Setup for Sage 100 2018 (which comes with the runtime engine for Crystal Reports 2016) on a workstation that already has Workstation Setup for Sage 100 2017 (which comes with the runtime engine for Crystal Reports 2011) installed, you will encounter an error when attempting to print from within Sage 100 2017.
Currently supported versions of Sage 100:
- Sage 100 2020 – Crystal Reports 2016 for Sage
- Sage 100 2019 – Crystal Reports 2016 for Sage
- Sage 100 2018 – Crystal Reports 2016 for Sage 100 and Sage 100c
- Sage 100 2017 – Crystal Reports 2011 for Sage 100 and Sage 100c
Retired versions of Sage 100 (formerly Sage MAS 90 or 200):
- Sage 100 ERP 2013 through 2016 – Crystal Reports 2011 for Sage
- Sage MAS 90 or 200 version 4.50 – Crystal Reports XI Release 2 for Sage (11.5)
- Sage MAS 90 or 200 version 4.40 – Crystal Reports XI Release 2 for Sage (11.5)
- Sage MAS 90 or 200 version 4.30 – Crystal Reports 10.0 for Sage
- Sage MAS 90 or 200 version 4.20 – Crystal Reports 10.0 for Sage
- Sage MAS 90 or 200 version 4.10 – Crystal Reports 10.0 for Sage
- Sage MAS 90 or 200 version 4.00 and 4.05 – Crystal Reports 8.5 for Sage
- Sage MAS 90 or 200 version 3.70 and 3.71 – Crystal Reports 8.5 for Sage
Note: It is not necessary to install Crystal Reports Designer in order to print and preview reports and forms from within Sage 100. The Workstation Setup client install, which allows users to log into Sage 100, also includes a Crystal runtime engine.
However, Crystal Reports Designer is necessary if you want to create and modify Crystal Reports forms and reports. Please note that Sage Customer Support cannot assist with customization Crystal Reports forms and reports, nor with troubleshooting them.
- A copy of Crystal Reports Designer is include with the Sage 100 install downloads (previously, the installation discs) from Sage. Sage Customer Support strongly suggests that you to install and use the copy that is included with the specific version of Sage 100.
- Copies obtained from another manufacturer may be slightly different, may or may not include certain patches and hot fixes, and may not be compatible – even if of the same version. Because only one version of Crystal Reports can be installed on a machine at one time, if two different software products use different versions of Crystal Reports, you have to choose.
Caution: Avoid using incompatible versions of Crystal Reports to create or modify reports or forms for Sage 100. For example, do not use Crystal Reports 10 to create or modify reports for Sage 100 versions 2013 and higher, and do not use Crystal Reports 2011 to create or modify reports for Sage 100 2018 and higher!
If necessary, seek the assistance of Acute Data Systems to help provide assistance with this process.