Business Desktop Has Stopped Working
Error: “Sage 100 Business Desktop has stopped working” when attempting to access Sage 100 via a Windows 2008 or Windows 2012 64-bit Citrix/Terminal Server connection
This solution requires advanced knowledge of your network. Contact your system administrator for assistance. Modifying Windows security incorrectly can severely affect system operations. Sage is not responsible for operational issues caused by incorrectly modifying your Windows security. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions.
Operating System Warning
This solution requires advanced knowledge of your computer’s operating system. Contact your system administrator for assistance. Modifying your Windows Registry incorrectly can severely affect system operations. Sage is not responsible for operational issues caused by incorrectly modifying your Windows Registry. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions.
Make an exception to Data Execution Prevention settings.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 2008.
- From the Windows Server Desktop, click Start
- Right-click Computer
- Select Properties
- Click Advanced system settings in the left panel of “..Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System”
- Select Advanced tab
- In the Performance section, click Settings
- Select the Data Execution Prevention tab and select one following two options:
- Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only
- Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select
- Click Add and browse to the “..\MAS90\Launcher” folder
- Select Launch32.exe
- Click Open
- Click Apply
- Click OK
- Reboot the server for the DEP setting to take effect.
Try the following command if the issue continues:
- Open Command prompt as Administrator on the Terminal Server
- (Verify title displays Administrator: Command Prompt)
- Enter the following command:
- bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOff
- You should get the following response:
- “The operation completed successfully.”
- Reboot Terminal Server for settings to take effect
If necessary, seek the assistance of Acute Data Systems to help provide assistance with this process.