Invoice Already Being Paid in Cash Receipts for Sage 100 or Sage 100cloud
Sage 100 Invoice Already Being Paid in Cash Receipts
Processing a Cash Receipt in Accounts Receivable and get the error that Invoice Already Being Paid in Sage 100 (MAS 90 and MAS 200)
The invoice has not been paid, but does not allow you to apply the payment.
Review the invoice to verify whether it has a balance
- Open Accounts Receivable, Main, Customer Maintenance
- Select or enter the Customer No. and click the Invoices tab
- Find the specific invoice and note any balances in the Invoice Balance column
- If the invoice has a balance, the Payments Today field in the open invoices file may be set incorrectly, indicating that the invoice is already being paid and proceed to Section II to reset the field.
- If the invoice does not have a balance, note the transactions posted to that invoice in the bottom grid.
Beginning with Sage 100 2021, run the utility to correct the Paid Today field
For Sage 100 2020 and earlier, see Additional Information below
- All users must exit, Cash Receipts Entry and AP from AR Clearing Entry
- In Sage 100 Launcher click File and select Run
- Program, *utl
- Click Proceed
- Highlight “A/R Open Invoice Payments Today Utility” and click OK
- Click Proceed at message, “This utility will recalculate the Payments Today field in the Accounts Receivable Open Invoice file. Important: Before running this utility, everyone must exit Cash Receipts Entry and AP from AR Clearing Entry.”
For Sage 100 2020 and prior including MAS 90 and MAS 200
- Be sure to have a backup of your data and have all users exit out of Sage 100 (MAS 90 and MAS 200). Close all tasks and only have the launcher open.
- Go to File / Select Run. Type in ARWAR4 in the program name and click OK button.
If everyone is out, it will display a warning message, “This utility will clear and recalculate the Payments Today field in the AR_OpenInvoice file. Do you want to proceed?” Click Yes Button.
- Once the utility has been processed, if successful, it will display that AR_OpenInvoice Payments Today are corrected.
- Go back into cash receipts and process the transaction.
If necessary, seek the assistance of Acute Data Systems to help provide assistance with this process.