Sage 100 Inventory Requirements Planning
One of the most critical and time-consuming aspects of inventory management is ensuring that there are sufficient quantities of material on hand at all times. How often is production or shipping delayed because a necessary item was not in stock or you could not get it in time?
Take control of your asset tracking with The Inventory Requirements Planning module for Sage 100 and Sage 100cloud.
The Inventory Requirements Planning module for Sage 100 and Sage 100cloud is designed to simplify and speed up the work processes of purchasing, inventory, and production managers, enabling them to focus less on math, and more on decision-making.
Inventory Requirements Planning helps manufacturers and distributers to quickly take into account and evaluate demand based on open sales orders and production material requirements. It also looks at supply, based on inventory stock levels (reorder points) and open purchase orders. Build times, lead times, and supply and demand functions are all combined to calculate the need for each inventory item.
With the Inventory Requirements Planning module for Sage 100 and Sage 100cloud, you can produce reports filtered by specific criteria. And with interactive dashboard screens to manually override what needs to be purchased or produced, everything can be managed with a few clicks.
- IRP Generation
- Product build times, lead times, and supply and demand functions are combined to estimate the need for an inventory item
- Order Material to specific Work Ticket
- Make individual choices as to whether material needed for a work ticket is ordered into inventory and then issued to the work ticket OR purchase the material directly to the work ticket and avoid it being consumed by another work ticket
- Automatic Generation of Purchase Orders
- After reviewing and/or modifying the recommended purchase quantity, the Generate PO program will allow you to create a New PO, add to a PO with a status of “New”, or add to a PO with a status of “Hold.”
- Purchase Items Reports
- Provides detail as to what is calculated to be purchased from all or specific vendors. All of the information you need is on a single page, if filtered by vendor
- Production Items Report
- Provides detail as to what is calculated to be produced for items that are marked as “make to stock”
- Inventory Management Integration
- On-hand quantities in inventory are recognized as a part of the supply of an item during IRP Generation. The inventory integration supplies all reorder information, vendor lead times, and product build times to IRP Generation
- Automatic Generation of Work Tickets
- Work Tickets program uses information from IRP Generation to create work tickets for items that have a procurement type of “make to stock.”
- Purchase Order Integration
- The material on a purchase order is recognized as a part of the supply of an item during IRP Generation. Additional Purchase Orders can be created from within the Purchase Dashboard, and items may be purchased directly to a work ticket
- Sales Order Integration
- When Sales Order is integrated with Inventory Requirements Planning, the material on a sales order is recognized as part of the demand for an item during IRP Generation
- Production Management Integration
- Integration with Sage Production Management is optional but is required to automatically create work tickets through the IRP process. The essence of the Sage Production Management and IRP interaction is to ensure the needed work tickets have been created to satisfy the demand of sales orders and/or reorder points.