Sage 100 Error 462: The Remote Server Machine isn't Available or Existing
When running a standard report from Sage Intelligence (E.G. the Financials Report 3-4) the user is present with the following order.
Error 462: The Remote Server Machine Does Not Exist or is Unavailable
Error 462 indicates a generic failure to communicate with Excel, causes can be:
- Cloud-based version of Office
- Issue with report template
- Corruption in the Alchemex.svd file
- Issues with Excel install
- Anti-virus or similar interfering with the repository folder or Sage Intelligence installation
- Confirm that a cloud based version of Office is not in use (Office 365 is supported, but only locally installed versions. Sage Intelligence cannot communicate with Cloud versions of Microsoft Office)
- Run report in Design mode and re-link to template
- Under the home ribbon, click Design
- This will launce the report template into Excel
- Save and link the template that was generated back to the report in question in Report Manager
- Re-run the report as you normally do, check for issue
- Run the Compact utility to repair the Alchemex.svd file. From Sage Intelligence Report Manager, go to File menu and push the Compact button. Click Yes at the prompt to continue to compact you MetaData. (Click Yes if you get a pop-up Windows User Account Control prompt). Click the Compact SVD button, then click Yes
- Complete a quick repair of the Excel install from the Windows Programs and Features menu. If issue continues, complete a full uninstall/reboot/reinstall of Excel.
- Check AV/firewall settings and exclusions. Confirm that Sage Intelligence and Repository folder are excluded from any scans or active protection settings. (Network repository location is found in Report Manager).