Sage 100 – How to Determine Item Pricing Hierarchy or Priority
Each time a sales order or invoice is entered, the system checks the customer, date, item, and quantity to determine which pricing method to use.
The hierarchy is as follows (from highest to lowest):
- 1. Promotion pricing if a sales promotion is in effect for the current date and the promotion price is less than the calculated price.
- 2. Contract pricing for the customer for this item.
- 3. Item pricing for this item based on the customer price level.
- 4. Item pricing for this item based on the standard price level.
- 5. Pricing for the item price code based on the customer price level.
- 6. Pricing for the item price code based on the standard price level.
- 7. Pricing for the item based on the item’s standard price set in Inventory Maintenance.
Article Courtesy of Sage
Speak with one of our Consultants
Contact us for more information