How to Copy Customers to another Company in Sage 100
How to copy Accounts Receivable master files from another company into the current company in Sage 100 ERP
Use caution when working with the below product functionality. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions.
- AR master files can be copied from other companies
- Prior to copying files, create the new company and activate modules
- Open Common Information, Setup, Common Information Options and follow the Setup Wizard
- Setup Wizard for AR must also be run if you want to copy master file data into these modules
If the General Ledger module has not been set up for the current company, use the General Ledger Setup Wizard to copy G/L accounts and setup from another company:
- Open General Ledger, Setup, General Ledger Options
- Click Yes button to the prompt “The G/L module has not been set up for company XXX. Do you want to set up the module now?”
- General Ledger Setup Wizard will open
- Click Next button in General Ledger Setup Wizard
- Select Create the Account Structure and Copy From Another Company
- Click Next button and click thru defaults
- Click Finish
Use the SVTRNA utility to copy Accounts Receivable master files from another company
To run the SVTRNA utility, use the following steps:
- Access the Company Code that the files will be written to
- In Sage 100 ERP, Select File, Run and enter SVTRNA in Program field
- Enter the source Company Code that contains data files in Copy from Company field
- Select Accounts Receivable module to copy
Note: This utility is not designed to copy data to companies where data already exists in the Masterfile. Corruption could result in Item Maintenance, for example, if the same Extended Description Key exists in both the copy from the company and the copy to the company.
If necessary, seek the assistance of Acute Data Systems to help provide assistance with this process.