Administrator Currently Maintaining System
Sage 100 Error “The Administrator Is Currently Maintaining The System” occurs when the installation or migration is interrupted by other errors.
Operating System Warning
This solution requires advanced knowledge of your computer’s operating system. Contact your system administrator for assistance. Modifying your Windows Registry incorrectly can severely affect system operations. Sage is not responsible for operation issues caused by incorrectly modifying your Windows Registry. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions.
- An installation in currently in progress or the INSTLOCK.TXT still exists in the ..\Mas90\Home directory after the installation was finished.
a) Wait until the installation is finished before starting Sage 100 ERP Standard, Advanced or prior to migrating data files.
- INSTLOCK.TXT may still exist in the ..\Mas90\Home folder after the installation was finished.
- Verify that there is no installation in progress.
- Open Windows Explorer and go to ..\Mas90\Home.
- Search for INSTLOCK.TXT.
- Delete the file if it exists.
Note: Do not delete this file until verifying that no installation is in progress. If the file cannot be renamed and the installation process is no longer running, there may be a lock on the file by the operating system. Remove the shared lock from the computer management console or reboot the server and then follow the process described above.
The INSTLOCK.TXT file is created automatically during installation to prevent access to the program
If necessary, seek the assistance of Acute Data Systems to help provide assistance with this process.