Configure notifications when data changes
Customize Sage 300 business logic without complex code
Develop your own Views and Screens without the complexity of SDK
What is Orchid Extender?
Extender allows you to extend the functionality of Sage 300 (Accpac) in many different ways.
It is available in four versions:
RuntimeLoad & Run Extender Certified Apps
Configure Events to monitor changes in Sage 300 data, log changes, enable alerts (via email or Orchid Notes), or trigger an external application.
Customize Python scripts to automate business processes, enhance systems integration, develop Custom Screens, and provide tailored validation and alerting by extending Sage 300 business logic (Views). Tailor existing screens with Extender OCX scripts.
Develop Custom Tables that form part of the Sage 300 database and database dictionary, tailoring the core system to meet the user’s exact needs.
How It Works
- Send an email using a configurable email template, which can contain any pre or post update value of the View fields.
- Create or maintain a Note (Orchid Information Manager Note) using a configurable Note template, which can contain any pre or post update value of the View fields.
- Log a change (log the date/time/user doing the change, what the original field value was, and what the new field value is).
- Call an external program.
- View API – allows custom Python scripts to subclass Sage 300 business logic (Views), make use of a collection of SDK View calls, and implement business specific logic at the View level.
(E.g. Check which View fields are changing, or which View operation is occurring, and apply the required logic.)
- Screen API – allows custom screens to be constructed using Python scripts, making use of Sage 300 Screen controls, without the need to develop the UIs in the traditional Sage 300 way (using VB or VBA).
Extender OCX scripts also allow you to tailor existing Sage 300 screens in ways not possible when working at View level.
The Python scripts are imported into the company database, so the customizations are backed up with the company data, and will Dump & Load with the company data.
- Create your own Sage 300 business logic (Views), with associated View calls and underlying database tables in the Sage 300 company database.
- Maintain the Sage 300 database dictionary without being an expert Sage 300 SDK developer.
- Use the Custom Table Editor to create, update and delete the data in your Custom View – or write a script for a tailored screen.
- Amend Custom Tables (e.g. add or remove fields) while preserving existing data.
- Associate Custom Tables, Scripts, Screens and Events by Module ID for easy deployment between companies on one site, or across sites.