Error: “HTTP 404 Not Found” when loading Sage 300 portal webpage
The following error appears when loading the Sage 300 portal webpage:
Error: “HTTP 404 Not Found
The webpage cannot be found”
- There might be a typing error in the address.
- If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.
- The server address may not be resolving correctly.
- The Portal program files or Website may not be configured correctly.
Check the http://servername/sage300erppath/portal61a/portal.html address. The portal61a folder is for the ERP 2012 version.
Try localhost, IP address, and domain address for the server name.
Verify sage300erppath\WebUIs folder for correct structure.
Confirm that Sage300ERP website is correctly set up using the Installation Guide.
For Windows 2008 and newer servers
- Go to Server Manager
- Click on Roles
- Double-click on Web Server(IIS)
- Scroll down to Role Service
Compare the following list with the ones installed under Role Service and installed any roles missing from this list.
- Common HTTP Features
- Static Content
- Default Document
- Directory Browsing
- HTTP Errors
- HTTP Redirection
- Application Development
- .Net Extensibility
- ISAPI Extensions
- ISAPI Filters
- Health and Diagnostics
- HTTP Logging
- Logging Tools
- Request Monitor
- Basic Authentication
- Windows Authentication
- Client Certificate Mapping Authentication
- URL Authorization
- Request Filtering
- IP and Domain Restrictions
- Static Content Compression
- Dynamic Content Compression
- Management Tools
- IIS Management Console
- IIS Management Scripts and Tools
- Management Service
Also, verify in IIS that the Sage300ERP virtual directory has the value \portal6xa
Out of the box setup, configuration, and modifications. Does not include customizations.
Settings and preferences
application options and setup that must be completed before using the application, including company information, chart of accounts, sales taxes, inventory items, user profiles, groups, etc.
If necessary, seek the assistance of Acute Data Systems to help provide assistance with this process.