Inventory Valuation Change in Sage 100
How to use Inventory Valuation Change in Sage 100 (formerly called MAS 90 and MAS 200)
Use caution when working with the below product functionality. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions. If necessary, seek the assistance of a qualified Sage Business Partner, network administrator, or Sage Customer Support Analyst.
Note: Kit items can only have one of the following valuation methods: Average cost, FIFO, or LIFO
Use Inventory Management, Setup, Inventory Management Utilities to change an inventory item’s valuation method.
To change the valuation method to Standard, Average, LIFO, or LIFO:
- Open Inventory Management, Setup, Inventory Management Utilities, Item Valuation Change Selection.
- Select a Product Line or a Item, and the new valuation (standard, average, LIFO, FIFO).
- Print and update the Valuation Change register.
To change valuation method to Lot or Serial:
- Use Inventory Transaction Entry to adjust the quantity down to zero in every warehouse.
- Open Inventory Management, Setup, Inventory Management Utilities.
- In Valuation Selection, select Product Line or Item, and the new valuation (Lot, Serial).
- Print and update the Valuation Change register
- Use Inventory Transaction Entry to adjust the item back into stock.
NOTE: To change individuals items, you may go directly to Item Valuation Change Maintenance.