How to set up Payment Processing on Sage 300
- Download Sage Exchange and install it on each workstation you will use to process credit card payments. For details and instructions, see “About Sage Exchange” (page 3).
- In Common Services, use the PMT Options screen to select options that specify how you preauthorize and process credit card payments. For more information, see “PMT Options Screen” (page 37).
- In Common Services, use the PMT Processing Codes screen to set up processing codes that specify the bank, currency, and merchant account information to be used when processing credit card transactions. For more information and instructions, see “About Processing Codes” (page 8) and “Adding, Editing, or Deleting Processing Codes” (page 9).
- Set up Accounts Receivable, Order Entry, and Payment Processing security authorizations for Sage 300 users. For more information, see “Payment Processing Security Authorizations” (page 7). Because Payment Processing integrates with Order Entry and Accounts Receivable, the system administrator may also need to assign additional security authorizations to users for tasks related to those programs. To pre-authorize credit card payments and void pre-authorizations in Order Entry, you must have Payment Processing Card Transaction Processing security authorization. If you need to process (capture) and void credit card payments in Order Entry, you must also have the following security authorizations:
- Order Entry: Invoice Entry
- Accounts Receivable: Receipt Entry
- On the A/R Payment Codes screen, specify the payment type SPS Credit Card for each payment code you will use when processing credit card transactions.
- If you want to enable Accounts Receivable users to void credit card transactions, or to process payment for a credit card transaction after printing a receipt or deposit slip, open the A/R Options screen and select the Allow Edit After Receipt Printed and Allow Edit After Deposit Slip Printed options on the Transactions tab. (If you do not select these options, the Charge, Quick Charge, and Void buttons are disabled on the A/R Receipt Entry screen).
- On the Accounts Receivable and Order Entry screens you will use to process credit card transactions, select File > Settings and verify that the Auto Clear option is not selected. (If Auto Clear is selected, a new entry appears when you click Add, and you must reopen the entry you just added in order to click the Charge or Quick Charge buttons.) For a list of screens you use to process credit card transactions in Accounts Receivable and Order Entry, see “About Payment Processing Transactions” (page 15).
- To add credit card information for Accounts Receivable customers, open the A/R Customers screen, select a customer, click the Credit Card tab, and click the New button. For more information, see “Adding, Editing, or Deleting a Credit Card for a Customer” (page 11).
- If you will use the Quick Pre-authorize and/or Quick Charge buttons to process transactions, enter all information required for quick transaction processing. For more information, see “About Quick Processing for Credit Card Transactions” (page 18).