How to Exclude Sage 100 from Anti-Virus Scans
How to exclude Sage 100cloud (Sage 100c, formerly MAS90/MAS200) from anti-virus scans to help with interference by security programs when working in Sage 100cloud.
(possible issues include lockups, “error #0” record/file busy errors, error #12 “files does not exist (or already exists)”, slow performance, etc.)
This solution requires advanced knowledge of your network. Contact your system administrator for assistance. Modifying Windows security incorrectly can severely affect system operations. Sage is not responsible for operation issues caused by incorrectly modifying your Windows security. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions.
Antivirus software is targeting or interfering with the functionality of programs, systems, or data files for Sage 100.
Consider testing by temporarily disabling your antivirus product to see if this improves performance: speed, file locking problems encountered, error messages, etc.
If performance improves, exclude the Sage 100 programs, folders, and file extensions from your Antivirus program:
In your Antivirus product:
- Disable any aggressive or continuous (also known as on-access, constant, real–time, or “network scanning“) monitoring or scanning of Sage 100 (formerly Sage MAS 90 or 200) programs if they exist:
- Exclude the “..\MAS90” directory and sub-directories and contents on the server where Sage 100 is installed.
- Note: Do the same for the workstations, if using Sage 100 Advanced or Premium editions (formerly Sage MAS 200 and Sage MAS 200 SQL editions) – default workstation install location is: C:\Sage\Sage 100 Workstation\.
- On Sage 100cloud workstations, including Standard, there are local folders created for Sage 100: exclude the Crystal Reports install (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects) and Common Components folder (Sage 100 2019 and earlier = C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Sage. Sage 100 2020 & later = C:\ProgramData\Sage\Common Components).
- On Sage 100cloud workstations exclude the “Sage 100” folder under the Windows user’s Documents folder.
- Exclude the following file extensions:
- AUC, DCL, DD, DDE, DDF, EXP, LCK, LIB, KDF, M4D, M4L, M4P, M4T, M4X, PRM, PVC, PVX, RPT, SOA, XEQ
- Spa.NA.Com must be a trusted site
Note: It is okay to run nightly scans when users are out.