How to enter an Employee without a SIN/SSN number in Sage 300


When entering an employee record in Payroll, a SIN (Social Insurance Number in Canada) or SSN (Social Security Number in the US) is required.


SIN or SSN number is required for any reporting to revenue authorities.


If the employee does not yet have a number then the appropriate number (9) of zeroes may be entered temporarily, and the actual number updated when known.