How to enter a future purchase order on Sage 300
- Open Purchase Orders > P/O Transactions > Purchase Order Entry.
- Press the Tab key to accept *** NEW ***in the PO Number field, and let Purchase Orders assign a purchase order number when you post the purchase order. If you do not want Purchase Orders to assign the number, type the new number in the PO Number field, and then press the Tab key.
- In the Vendor Number field, type the vendor number or select it from the Finder.
- In the PO Date field, type the date when you want to activate the purchase order.
- In the PO Type field, select Future.
- Complete the remaining Purchase Order Information and Vendor Information tabs with the information you need for the purchase order. For more information, see “P/O Purchase Order Entry Screen ” (page 519).
- Add the details you are ready to order from the purchase order. (You do not have to add all the details at this time.) For more information, see “About Adding Purchase Order Details ” (page 102).
- Add optional field entries (if used) and other information for the purchase order. For more information, see “About Optional Fields in Transactions” (page 80).
- In multicurrency ledgers, edit the exchange rate information, if necessary. For more information, see “About Currency Exchange Rates” (page 90).
- Click Post.