How to assign lot numbers when receiving lotted items on Sage 300 Purchase Orders
- Open Purchase Orders > P/O Transactions > Receipt Entry. For more information, see “P/O Receipt Entry Screen” (page 563).
- Create a new receipt, entering header information as usual. (For detailed instructions on entering receipt transactions, see “Entering Receipts” (page 134).)
- Important! Lot numbers are stored and displayed by location. Therefore, you must specify a location before entering the quantity.
- Enter a value in the Quantity Received field, and then press either the Enter key or the Tab
key to display the Serial/Lot Numbers Generation screen. If the correct number already appears in the Quantity Received field, and you just want to change a lot number already assigned, click the Zoom button in the Quantity Received column heading.
- Note: You cannot partially invoice receipts of lotted items.
- Specify the number of lots and quantities in each lot using the Make X Lots OR Each Lot Has fields.
- If desired, edit the default value that appears in the Next Lot Number field. The value in this field is the starting point for the lot numbers you will assign.
- Assign lot numbers automatically or manually, as follows:
- To generate lot numbers automatically, click the Auto Gen button. The lot numbers are generated sequentially starting with the value in the Next Lot Number field.
- To assign lot numbers yourself (for example, if you do not want them to be sequential), edit the Next Lot Number value, and then click the Add button for each lot number you
need to create.
- Click Close.
- Important! If the Remaining value is not zero, there are still lot numbers to assign. You cannot close the screen until the Remaining value is zero.