How to allocate serial numbers to returned serialized items on Sage 300 Purchase Orders
- Open Purchase Orders > P/O Transactions > Return Entry.
- Process the return. For more information, see “Entering Returns ” (page 161).
- Do one of the following:
- Enter a value in the Quantity Returned field for the serialized items you want to return, and then press either Enter or Tab.
- If the correct number already appears in the Quantity Returned field, and you just want to change a serial number already allocated, click the Quantity Returned column header.
- The Serial Numbers Allocation window appears.
- Note: If you selected a Receipt Number in the Return Entry window, only serial numbers from that receipt appear in the Serial Numbers Allocation window.
- If you did not select a Receipt Number in the Return Entry window, enter the serial number
manually, or select it using the Finder.
- To return all the serial numbers that appear in the details grid, click Return All.
- The Return All button in the Return Entry window returns all items on the entire invoice.
- The Return All button on the Serial Numbers Allocation window returns all items for the specific detail line previously selected in the Return Entry window.
- Allocate serial numbers in one of the following ways:
- Automatically. Select the Auto-Allocate From option, enter or select a value in the field that appears, and then click Auto-Alloc.
- Manually. Enter serial numbers manually or select them using the Finder.
- Click Close.
- Note: If the Remaining value is not zero, there are still serial numbers to allocate. You cannot close the window until the Remaining value is zero.