How to Add or Edit Tax Classes on Sage 300
- Open Common Services > Tax Services > Tax Classes.
- Select a Tax Authority code, Transaction Type, and Class Type.
- In the Description field, enter a name for the first class.
- Note: Your first class should be your standard taxable class.
- Press Tab or Enter to add each remaining class.
- Click Add or Save.
- Repeat the same steps for the other class type for the table. For example, if you entered customer classes in the sales tax table, now enter item classes. If you do not do this, you cannot enter rates in the table.