How to Add a Mask Structure on Sage 300 Inventory Control
- Open Inventory Control > I/C Setup > Mask Structures.
- Enter a code of up to six characters to identify the mask structure.
- Select the type of mask, either Serial (for serial number) or Lot (for lot number).
- Enter a description for the mask structure.
- Optionally, select a prefix character from the drop-down list.
- For each segment you want in the mask structure, select the segment type and enter the length of the segment. If desired, select a segment separator, or leave it at None.
- If you want a segment that increments automatically, make one segment numeric, and change the increment setting to Yes. You can increment only one segment.When you enter a segment, the Mask Structure and Total Length fields are updated to display the current structure and length of the mask.
- Tip: To delete a segment from the mask, highlight the line, and then press the Delete key.
- Click Save to add the mask structure.
If necessary, seek the assistance of Acute Data Systems to help provide assistance with this process.