How to Add a Contract Code in Sage 300 Inventory Control
- Open Inventory Control > I/C Setup > Contract Codes.
- In the Contract Code field, type the new contract code using up to six characters, and then type a description in the adjacent field.
- In the table, add a line for each period in the contract code, including the following information for each period:
- Period. To add a period, press the Insert key while the pointer is in the table. The next period number is displayed on the new line. (You can add up to five periods.)
- Lifetime. If the period is for a lifetime contract, double-click this field to change it to Yes.
- Contract Days. Enter the number of contract days in this period.
- Note: This field is not available if you set the Lifetime field to Yes.
- Effective Days. Type the number of days after the sold date that the contract period becomes effective.
- If Effective Days = 0 (zero), the start date of the contract period is the sold date.
- If Effective Days = 5, the start date of the contract period is 5 days after the sold date.
- Description. Enter a description of the contract period, using up to 60 characters.
- Tip: To delete a period, highlight (select) the line, and then press the Delete key.
- When you have finished entering information for the contract code, click Save.