Microsoft FRx: Resolve the “Maximum User” or “Maximum number of users” error
When you log on to Microsoft FRx, you may receive one of the following error messages:
Error message 1
Maximum number of users has been reached.
Error message 2
Maximum user count has been exceeded.
Error message 3
Users have exceeded your maximum user limit per license agreement.
This problem occurs for one of the following reasons.
You exceed the number of users in the Microsoft FRx license agreement. Or, users are
locked in the system.
The shared SysData folder contains .ldb files and .lck files. Additionally, no users are logged
on to Microsoft FRx.
You have a two-user license for Microsoft FRx. You start Microsoft FRx Designer and
Microsoft FRx Report Manager. Then, another user tries to start Designer or Report
Microsoft FRx has a time-out feature that is set to approximately twenty minutes. Any
locked users are released from the application after this twenty-minute period. If you still
receive the error message, follow these easy steps:
1. Start Microsoft FRx, select the FW company in the “Select a Company to Work With”
window, and then click OK.
2. Click File, and then click Compact FRx Database.
3. Compact FRx System Databases and Current Spec Set Database.
4. Click Company, click Select Default, and then select the company that you want to log on
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
1. Make a backup copy of the shared SysData folder.
2. Make sure that no users are logged on to Microsoft FRx.
3. Rename the following files in the shared SysData folder, or delete the following files in the
shared SysData folder:
○The .ldb files
○The .lck files
○The .g32 files
4. Locate the Temp folder on the workstation and on the server. Delete all the files in the Temp
5. Empty the Recycle Bin.
6. Restart the workstation that is receiving the error message.
7. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to FRx 6.7, and then click Report Designer.