How to Expand Customer Numbers From 7 to 20 Characters
Sage 100 2014 (retired)
Sage 100 2013 (retired)
How to expand Customer Numbers from 7 to 20 characters in Sage 100 ERP version 2013 and higher. (Note: This option was not available on prior versions.)
Use caution when working with the below product functionality. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions. If necessary, seek the assistance of a qualified Sage business partner, network administrator, or Sage customer support analyst.
- Make sure all data entry in the company has been updated.
- Have all other users exit the Sage 100 ERP system.
- Open Modules, Accounts Receivable, Setup menu, Accounts Receivable Options.
- On the Main tab, select the checkbox option to Allow Entry of Expanded Customer Numbers.
- A warning prompt will appear. Read carefully. Then, select “Yes” to continue.
- Close out of Account Receivable Options by clicking Accept.
After the process is completed, check to see if it is now possible to create new customer records with expanded customer numbers. Crystal Reports forms and reports that have been customized may require editing to correct.