Error: “Invalid input. Rate type does not exist.” occurs when posting a Sage 300 Order Entry order
The following error may occur when posting an OE order:
“Error: Invalid input. Rate type does not exist.”
The rate type code associated with the customer may be missing.
To error may be resolved as follows:
- Go to the Accounts Receivable, A/R Customers, Customers window
- Click on the Finder
- Select, Settings, Columns
- From the Unselected column on the left, select Rate Type
- Click Include
- Click OK
- In the Finder – Customers window, select the problem customer and scroll to the right until you reach the Rate Type column to see the Rate Type code
- Click Select
- Click the Processing tabbed window and confirm that the correct Rate Type is displayed
- Click Save or Close
- Go to the Common Services, Currency, Currency Rate Types window
- Click the Finder button to confirm that the Rate Type is displayed
- If the Rate Type is missing, add the Rate Type code and description
- Click Add
- Click Close
The error should no longer appear when posting the OE order.
If necessary, seek the assistance of Acute Data Systems to help provide assistance with this process.