Error: “The Data Area Passed to a System Call Is Too Small” When Attempting to Print a Report or Form to a Printer
Error: “The Data Area Passed to a System Call Is Too Small” when attempting to print a report or form to a printer from within Sage 100 ERP.
Operating System Warning
This solution requires advanced knowledge of your computer’s operating system. Contact your system administrator for assistance. Modifying your Windows Registry incorrectly can severely affect system operations. Sage is not responsible for operation issues caused by incorrectly modifying your Windows Registry. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions.
Sage Customer Support does not provide assistance for issues related to third party products or enhancements, hardware, report customizations, state or federal tax-related questions, or specific accounting questions. Please contact your Sage business partner, network administrator, or accountant for assistance.
Possible incompatibility or issue with the Windows operating system and/or the printer driver.
This is a Windows system error.
- Some web sites have discussions on this error, with various system causes described:
- Consider running an internet search for the error
- There may be an issue with the 64-bit printer driver and how it is handling 32-bit application calls
- Try Print or Preview to another printer (even the Microsoft XPS Document Writer) to see if that works
- Consider uninstalling and reinstalling the printer driver
- Consider obtaining and installing the latest printer driver for the specific printer model from the manufacturer
- Consider trying a “generic” or “universal” printer driver (if available) from the manufacturer
- Example: HP Universal Printer Driver (UPD) for HP (Hewlett-Packard) laser printers
One customer reported that the error occurred because the user did not have access to the path set for the PDF Directory (set in Paperless Office, Setup menu, <journal, report or form> Maintenance).
If necessary, seek the assistance of Acute Data Systems to help provide assistance with this process.