Sage 100 Error “1706 No valid source could be found”
Error: “1706 No valid source could be found for product XXX.” Occurs when installing Workstation Setup for Sage MAS 90 or 200 through a Mapped Drive.
Use caution when working with the below product functionality. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions.
- One or more Windows component(s) may be damaged on the specific workstation.
- The Windows Installer may be damaged on the workstation’s Operating System (OS).
- The user logged into the system does not have the correct permissions to access the Mapped Drive.
- Mapped Drive has disconnected or the network link is broken.
- Starting the installation through a UNC path instead of a Mapped Drive.
- Log in as the appropriate user with the correct permissions.
- Reinstall the operating system
- Use Windows installation cleaner utility
- reference Microsoft Article ID: 299803
If necessary, seek the assistance of Acute Data Systems to help provide assistance with this process.