Paperless Office stops responding when printing in Sage 100
Error: “Printer Not Activated, Error Code -41” or “Printer Not Activated, Error Code -30″Paperless Office stops responding when printing to Paperless Office, Error: “Printer Not Activated, Error Code -41” or “Printer Not Activated, Error Code -30”
One of the following “Activation Error” error messages occur when printing to Paperless Office in Sage 100 ERP
• “Printer not activated, error code -41”
• “Printer not activated, error code -30”
This solution requires advanced knowledge of your network. Contact your system administrator for assistance. Modifying Windows security incorrectly can severely affect system operations. Sage is not responsible for operation issues caused by incorrectly modifying your Windows security. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions.
Note: The Sage PDF Converter printer was replaced with the Sage 100 PDF Converter printer as of:
• Product Update 8 for Sage 100 ERP version 2013 (5.00.8.0)
• Product Update 4 for Sage 100 ERP version 2014 (18.104.22.168)
• Sage 100 ERP 2015 and higher (5.20+)
For Versions Later than the ones listed here, this error is caused by a timeout when the Print job takes longer than 20 seconds. Test by Doing a Preview of the document experiencing the error. If the duration of the print job exceeds 20 seconds (normal time is 5-10 seconds), then the issue will occur.
Evaluate the performance of the workstation in question to speed up the printing process, and test Paperless only when the Preview time is within the normal threshold. Primary causes include Wireless Connections from the workstation, or Cloud Connections paired with VPN. Refer to the SPM (Supported Platform Matrix) for your version if necessary to determine if you have your Remote Server(s) and workstations configured correctly.
Windows 10 Workstations require additional security settings:
Set permissions for the following keys in the Registry (at the workstation level):
1. Click the Start button
2. Click Run, and enter Regedit
3. Access: “HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Software”
4. Right-click Software key
5. Select Permissions
6. Select Full Control for Users listed in this box, and then click Apply
Then Reinstall the Converter via PL_AdvancedOptions_UI:
1. In Sage 100, navigate to File / Run
2. Type in PL_AdvancedOptions_UI
3. Click OK
4. Click “Install Converter”
This section is only applicable for the following versions:
5.00.0.9 through 22.214.171.124
126.96.36.199 through 188.8.131.52
4.30 – 4.50
The “Printer not activated” error message can have several causes. Primary causes include the Sage PDF Converter or the components associated with the converter including the Printer Object itself (in Windows), the Windows Registry components, and .dll files that control it. Note that the Test PDF Converter button in Paperless Office Advanced Options is no longer an option to test the PDF Converter. To test the converter, print one each of a report, journal/register, and a form in a test company (for example, ABC).
• Reinstall Workstation Setup to create the Sage PDF Converter and appropriate .dll files on the workstation.
o Note: The setup process may not complete successfully due to missing components or permissions on the workstation.
• Verify Sage PDF Converter on the workstation:
o From the Windows Desktop, click Start
o Access Devices and Printers (on older operating systems: Printers and Faxes)
o If the Sage PDF Converter printer does not display, use the installation process in the Paperless Office Advanced Options.
Note: For more information, see the Related Resources section below on “How to install and uninstall the PDF Converter“
Note: If the converter does not install, view the Converter Installation Log using the Paperless Office Advanced Options to determine why. For 64-bit operating systems, verify
LM-4046T or LM-4045T is installed.
• Verify that the following .DLL files are installed on the server and workstation:
o CDINTF.dll should be in the “..\MAS90\Home” directory on the server
o CDINTF300.dll should be in the “C:\Windows\System32” directory for 32-bit workstations, and in the “C:\Windows\SysWoW32” directory for 64-bit workstations.
Note: The CDINTF300.dll file is a copy of the Cdintf.dll file, but the “300” distinguishes it as the workstation .DLL file. The sizes are listed below:
For 32-bit workstations: 3,436 KB
For 64-bit workstations: 3,744 KB
o To register the .DLL files on the workstation and server, select Open With and browse to the ..\Windows\System32\Regsvr32.exe file.
• For Sage 100 ERP (formerly Sage MAS 90 or 200) 4.30 systems, verify that LM-4041T is installed.
o Remove the 4.20 version of Paperless Office (Sage Extended Solutions):
o Remove Extended Solutions PDF Converter.
o Rename or remove the CdInt250.dll file from “C:\Windows\System32“
o In Crystal Reports, verify “Converted to version 4.30” displays in Summary Info.
1. Open the report options window.
2. Click the Save arrow, and then click Designer to open Crystal Reports.
3. On the File menu, click Properties.
4. In the Keywords field, verify the text Converted to versions 4.30 displays. Add the text if necessary, and save the report.
Note: The actual version should reflect the current installed version of Sage ERP MAS 90 or 200.
• If the workstation or server has a 64-bit operating system installed, verify that LM4046-T (for version 4.30, Service Updates 18 through 23 only) or LM4045-T (for version 4.40, Product
Update 1 or below only) are installed. For details, see the Related Articles section below.
• Verify permissions for the following keys in the Registry (at the Workstation level):
• Click the Start button, click Run, and enter Regedit
1. Navigate to the Hotkey Current Config / Software Key.
2. Right-click Software key, and then click Permissions.
3. Select Full Control for Everyone listed in this box, and then click Apply.
• Verify the Sage PDF Converter registry key is in place:
• Click the Start button, click Run, and enter Regedit
1. Navigate to the Hotkey Current Config / Software / Sage PDF Converter key.
2. Uninstall and reinstall the converter through the Paperless Office Advanced Options menu.
1. Export the key from a working workstation (of the same operating system), and import it into the affected system.
2. After making changes, test print a report to verify Paperless Office functions properly.
• Verify the user has full rights/permissions to the directory that the PDF files are being saved in. As a test point the directory to the …/MAS90 directory of the installation and see if
PDF files can be created without the error message
Note: If you do not have access to another working workstation or these registry keys, contact Sage Customer Support to provide copies for you. If the keys are not created during the installation of the PDF converter, the registry keys are not being created (due to network permissions or antivirus software).