How to Map Sales Order Entry Detail to Sales Order Invoice Detail UDF in Sage 100
A step-by-step guide on how to map a sales order (SO) entry detail UDF (User Defined Field) to a sales order invoice detail UDF for Sage 100.
User defined fields are custom fields created to track information specific to further segment the user’s database into useful detail oriented fields. For example, you can track additional activity data, such as cost-related data and purchase order numbers to activities and due dates. User defined fields help expand beyond what is provided by default, enabling the user to record more detail based on the needs of the business.
Begin by following these steps to start the process:
1. Open Custom Office, Main, User-Defined and Table Maintenance.
2. Right-Click SO Invoice Detail and select Edit Fields.
3. Click the Add button.
4. Enter UDF (User Defined Field) name and click OK.
5. Verify the Data Type and Size is the same as SO Detail UDF.
6. Select Data Sources Tab.
7. Select SO_InvoiceDetail_bus:CopyFromSalesOrder.
8. Select SO_SalesOrderDetail Data Source.
9. Select SO Detail UDF in the Column Drop box.
10. Click OK to update.
Again, these are fields that have been customized for the user’s specific requirements and are not provided by default. These steps should be applicable for all custom fields, however do not be discouraged if there are issues with the process provided. We don’t just offer consultation on our products. We have info and ideas to help you start, run, and grow your small business. Get tips on how to grow your small business. Learn the latest business trends, industry knowledge, insights, and advice you can use in the real world.