How to Record Outside Processing Charges in Production Management using Sage 100?
How to record Outside Processing Charges in Production Management?
- In PM, Setup, Activity Code Maintenance, Main tab, Classification field, select Outside Service to designate Outside Processing on an Activity Code. In Work Order, the Outside Processing designation was done in Work Center Maintenance. On the Activity Code, have a labor budget of 0 hours so there’s no cost added to the work ticket budget for labor that the outside processor will process and that is included in the miscellaneous item which would be purchased from the vendor
- Set up any Miscellaneous or Inventory items needed to track costs that can be added as a line item on the Work Ticket.
- (Optional) Add an outside processing step to all relevant work ticket templates (equivalent of Work Order Routing) so the PO can easily be generated for the step, add the relevant items to that step and check the PO box to indicate that those items should be included on the PO.
- Create the Work Ticket first and then create the PO. In the PO, select the link W/T icon to link the PO to the W/T.
- W/T Transaction Entry for Outside Processing Charge – This is now handled within a Material Issue entry (there is not an Outside Processing Charge selection as in Work Order Transaction Entry), PO Receipt of Goods, or it can be managed with the Dynamic Material functionality if the user a subscription end-user.