How to create a new payment batch on Sage 300 Accounts Payable
- Open Accounts Payable>A/P Transactions>Create Payment Batch.
- In the Selection Code field, enter a payment selection code.
- Tip: After you specify a selection code, the Selection Code field is no longer editable. To make the field editable again so you can change the selection code, click Clear. Alternatively, if the Selection Code field does not appear, you can edit all the fields in the Create Payment Batch screen to select the records you want.
- Fill in the fields on the Select tab. For help on the fields on this and other tabs on the Create Payment Batch screen, see “A/P Create Payment Batch Screen” (page 404)
- Fill in the fields on the Criteria tab.
- Note: Transactions must meet all selection criteria on this tab and on the Select tab to be considered for payment.
- If you want to exclude specific vendors who match all other selection criteria from this payment run, add them to the list on the Exclusion tab.
- In multicurrency ledgers, if the bank or vendor currency is not the functional currency and you need to change the exchange rate information for the checks, use the Rates tab to adjust them. For each type of rate (bank and vendor):
- Type the rate type code or select it using the Finder.
- Type the exchange rate or select it using the Finder.
- You enter the rates for converting the bank currency or the vendor currency to your functional currency. If either of these currencies matches the functional currency, the rate for that currency is 1.0000000.
- Check all your criteria to make sure these are the vendors for which you want to generate
- If you use optional fields, check the Optional Field tab to ensure that any payment optional
fields assigned to the batch are correct. Edit the optional fields or add different ones, as
- Make sure your printer is turned on and ready, and then click Register to print the payment
- Review the register and make whatever changes are necessary for your check run.
- Note: You can leave the Create Payment Batch screen at any time. The program retains all the criteria you specified to ensure that the generated checks match the Pre-Check Register.
- When you are ready to create the payment batch, click Generate.