How to Adjust a Posted Transaction in Accounts Receivable for Sage 300
- Open Accounts Receivable > A/R Transactions > Adjustment Entry.
- In the Batch Number field, select or create the adjustment batch to use.
- To assign the entry number, click the New button beside the Entry Number field.
- Enter general information for the adjustment entry, including an optional description, the adjustment date and posting date, the customer number, and an optional reference.
- In the Document Number field, type the document number you want to adjust, or select it using the Finder or navigation buttons.
- If the document includes a payment schedule, specify the payment number.
- In the table, use the Finder for the Adjust Line Number field to select a detail for adjustment.
- Include for each detail:
- The distribution code or the general ledger account number.
- The adjustment amount.
- If you are increasing the amount of an invoice, enter the amount in the credit column.
- If you are reducing the amount of the invoice, enter the amount in the debit column.
- If the adjustment is for a job-related document, the contract, project, and category to adjust in Project and Job Costing.
- If you use retainage accounting, retainage information, as necessary.
- Click Add.
Note: The name of the button changes to Save after you add the entry. If you make changes to the adjustment, later, you click Save to record your changes.