How to add or change a distribution set on Sage 300 Intercompany Transactions
- Open Intercompany Transactions > ICT Setup > Distribution Sets.
- In the Originator field, select the company for which you want to add a distribution set.
- Note: This company must have Accounts Payable activated.
- In the Distribution Set field, select an existing set to edit, or click the New button to create a new distribution set.
- If you are adding a distribution set, enter a description of up to 60 characters.
- Specify whether the set is active or inactive. (You can change a current distribution set to inactive if you no longer use it, or make a new distribution set inactive if you don’t want to use it immediately.)
- If you selected a multicurrency company, specify the currency code for the set.
- Specify the distribution method to use.
- Manual. No amount allocated; you enter the amounts of the distribution manually.
- Spread Evenly. This method divides the amount evenly among all the distribution details.
- Fixed Percentage. This method lets you specify the percentage of the total amount to allocate to each distribution detail.
- Fixed Amount. This method lets you specify a fixed amount for each distribution detail.
- Enter route, account, and distribution information for each line in the distribution set.
- Destination. The program automatically inserts the originator ID in this field. It can be changed.
- Route Number. Specify the route number that links the originator to the destination. (The route must already exist.)
- Functional Currency. This field displays the functional currency of the destination company. (This column appears only when the ICT company is a multicurrency company.)
- Account/Account Description. Select a G/L account that exists in the destination company.
- Line Description. Enter a description (up to 60 characters). It will be displayed when an ICT A/P invoice is entered.
- Distribution Amount/Percentage. Enter the amount or percentage apportioned to the distribution line. (This column appears only when you select the Fixed Amount or Fixed Percentage distribution methods.)
- Click Add to add a new set, or click Save if you changed an existing set.
If necessary, seek the assistance of Acute Data Systems to help provide assistance with this process.