How to add a distribution set to Sage 300 Accounts Payable
- Open Accounts Payable>A/P Setup>Distribution Sets.
- For each distribution set, enter the following information
- Distribution Set. Enter a code to identify the distribution set, using up to six characters.
- Description. Type a description of the distribution set.
- Distribution Method. Select the method by which to apportion an invoice amount among the accounts in the distribution set:
- Spread Evenly. This method divides the invoice amount evenly among all the distribution codes in the distribution set. You can then edit the result.
- Fixed Percentage. This method lets you specify the percentage of the total invoice amount to allocate to each distribution code. You can specify a negative percentage or a percentage more than 100%. You can also edit the results of this distribution method.
- Manual. This method provides no amount allocation; it just enters the distribution codes and lets you enter the amounts of the distribution.
- Fixed Amount. This method distributes a specific amount to each distribution code in the distribution set. You must specify a currency code to use this method, and you can select the distribution code only for vendor that use this currency. You can edit the result.
- Note: The setting you select determines the default invoice distribution, which you can override at invoice entry.
- Distribution Code. Type the distribution code you want to add to the distribution set or select the code from the Finder. Once you enter the code, Accounts Payable displays the code description and general ledger account number so you can verify them. If you are adding to an existing list of codes, press the Insert key to start a new line.
- Distribution Amount. If you selected Fixed Amount as the distribution method, enter the amount to allocate to the distribution code.
- Distribution Percent. If you selected Fixed Percentage as the distribution method, enter the percentage of the document total to distribute to each distribution code you add to a set.
- You can use negative percentages and percentages greater than 100 percent, providing the total is 100 percent. Accounts Payable warns you if the percentages you enter for a distribution set do not add up to 100 percent, but lets you add or save the record.
- Use this type of distribution set when you need to enter the additional general ledger account distributions with invoices, but do not want to include the extra accounts in the distribution set.
- When finished, click the Add button.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each distribution set you want to add.