Zoho Projects Tracking Software
Project Tracking software
Project tracker is a tool that measures project performance, helping you keep your project’s scope, budget, and schedule in check.
What is Project Tracking?
Project tracking keeps you up to date on your actual progress so you can compare it with your planned progress. Progress can be measured in terms of money spent, tasks completed, resources used, or amount of time taken to complete certain stages of work.
Why is project tracking important?
Project tracking begins early in the project’s planning stages and continues until the project’s completion. The key benefit of a project tracking system is that it identifies variances from the project management plan. As it helps you monitor how your projects are progressing in real-time, a project tracker can help you identify and correct potential problems quickly.
Why choose Zoho Projects as your Project Tracker?
Zoho Projects is a project tracker that offers powerful, built-in tools like time tracking, issue tracking, and project reporting to help you stay on time and within budget. It also tells you how much of the project has been completed to date and how much still needs to be completed. Zoho Projects keeps you informed and on track with your budget, resources, and issues. You can even create custom project tracking template by saving specific criteria and work items associated with a project or a task as templates that can be reused.
Business benefits of project tracking software
- A project tracker provides visibility into how your project is doing at all times.
- Built-in reports present the information you need about open and closed tasks, expenses, and more.
- Plan your project budget, generate invoices, record expenses, and follow your client payments, all from a simple project tracker.
- Stay up to date on who does what, when, and for how long with resource utilization charts available in project status tracking software.
- Bill your customer for time and materials based on the activity details logged in timesheets module
Project tracking best practices
- There are several project tracking tools that specialize in tracking various factors. To choose the right one for your business, prioritize what you want to keep track of.
- Consider tools that have strong collaboration features. There’s no point to project tracking unless all stakeholders are kept informed and right decisions are taken at the right time.
- Don’t stop with just tracking and comparing your planned vs actual plans. To understand the implications of your deviation, forecast values based on current progress, and analyze the impact caused.
- Automate repetitive activities to reduce the time and resources spent on them. Use smart tracking tools that cut-off redundant tasks and ensure maximum productivity.
- Even with a project tracking system in place, sometimes the deviations can’t be rectified immediately. A well-researched risk management plan helps take necessary measures to deal with such situations.