Work in Process Report does not match Work in Process Recap Report in Work Order
The work in Process Report does not match Work in Process Recap Report in Work Order.
What file holds transaction data in Work Order?
Work In Process Recap report does not display any costs
The two reports are not intended to always match. The reports serve different functions in the system as noted below.
Work in Process Report (this is a Historical Report)
- Lists all costs to date for a range of released work orders.
- All work order activity and total information for labor, material, outside processes, and overhead are included.
- The Work in Process Report data is held in the WO9 file.
Work in Process Recap Report
This is where the Work Order Cost is accumulated PRIOR TO Completion. Backflush transactions are not included in this report because they aren’t created until the Completion transaction. It is the total cost pool that is divided by the Quantity Completed to determine the Unit Cost when a Completion transaction is entered. The data is cleared when the Work Order is completed
- Provides an overview of all work-in-process information for a range of work orders, work centers, and operation codes.
- WIP is relieved from the Work in Process Recap Report as completion transactions are processed.
- This report provides a means of reconciling work in process in General Ledger to the work in process on work orders.
- Direct, overhead, and total work-in-process costs are provided for each work order.
- Direct work in process is calculated by adding all material, labor, and outside processing amounts.
- Overhead work in process is calculated by adding all fixed and variable overhead for the work order.
- The Work in process Recap Report data is held in the WOJ file.
- Any transaction posted to the Work Order after the Completion transaction will be posted to a Scrap G/L account when a Close Transaction is processed