Windx client connection: Connection Timed Out waiting for your application to start or The server side process failed to start or respond
Error: “Windx client connection: Connection Timed Out waiting for your application to start” or “The server side process failed to start or respond” when launching Sage 100 ERP Advanced or Premium editions, or when accessing tasks.
Full message may read:
“WindX Client Connection
Connection Timed Out waiting for your application to start.
Please contact your Administrator, as there may be a configuration error on the server.
The server side process failed to start or respond.”
Use caution when working with the below product functionality. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions.
This solution requires advanced knowledge of your network. Contact your system administrator for assistance. Modifying Windows security incorrectly can severely affect system operations. Sage is not responsible for operation issues caused by incorrectly modifying your Windows security. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions.
Operating System Warning
This solution requires advanced knowledge of your computer’s operating system. Contact your system administrator for assistance. Modifying your Windows Registry incorrectly can severely affect system operations. Sage is not responsible for operation issues caused by incorrectly modifying your Windows Registry. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions.
Sage Customer Support does not provide assistance for issues related to third party products or enhancements, hardware, report customizations, state or federal tax-related questions, or specific accounting questions. Please contact your Sage business partner, network administrator, or accountant for assistance. Please review this document for additional information on the scope of Sage Customer Support Services.
Possible Resolution 1: Reboot the server and try and login again.
- This may only be a temporary fix if the server is low on resources. Check the Microsoft Knowledgebase for recommended (not minimum) levels of resources for the specific Windows Server operating system version (CPU, RAM, free hard disk space for the pagefile/swapfile, etc.)
Possible Resolution 2: Run Application Server as an Application rather than a Service. Windows allocates more resources to desktop applications than services:
- Have all users exit Sage 100 ERP Advance or Premium
- Stop the Sage 100 ERP Advance or Premium Application Server service.
- On the server, From the open Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services.
- Locate the Sage MAS 200 Application Server service.
- Right-click the service and select Stop.
- Start Sage 100 ERP Advance or Premium Application Server as a desktop application.
- On the server, open Start, All Programs, Sage, Application Server Configuration.
- Verify that Running displays in the Status field.
- If the Application Server is not Running, click the Start button.
Note: For more information on Application Server Configuration, see the Sage MAS 200 Installation and Administration Guide.
Possible Resolution 3: If you would like to continue running Sage 100 ERP as a Service (or switch to running as a Service)…
Modify the Windows registry to allocate more resources. For more information, refer to the Related Resources section below for Sage Knowledgebase KB 20344: “Cannot Create a New Session with a Large Number of Users SS3003-ABC”).
Possible Resolution 4: If running Dell Servers using Windows 2003 Service Pack 1, on the raid controller, disable the ‘Raid Patrol’ option to eliminate any firmware latency issues.
Possible Resolution 5: Check Preferences under User Maintenance (Library Master, Main, User Maintenance) and if user is set to Spawn tasks from Application Server, unselect this option, log out and log back in to Sage 100 with the user and try task again.