What is Bill of Materials Revision in Sage 100?
How to add a new Revision to a Bill of Materials item? What is the Bill of Materials Revision and how to use it?
Use caution when working with the below product functionality. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions.
- Revision is an alpha-numeric code that can be up to 3 digits. It is used to help track changes that are made to a Bill of Materials.
- The Revision retains a complete history of the evolution of the product each time it’s modified by storing a duplicate of the entire bill for each time a revision is entered.
- A revision number must be entered each time a bill of materials is referenced to ensure the correct items and quantities are listed.
- Revision codes are beneficial in situations where service or repairs are required on a previous version of a bill of materials.
How to use Revision:
- Check the box to enable the “Use Bill Revision Code” in Bill of Materials Options.
- In BOM Maintenance, select the bill and enter the current revision code.
- When the bill requires changes, enter a new revision code to add to or change the current bill.
- On the lines tab, enter a revision code for the subassembly bill or an asterisk (*) to indicate the current revision of the bill. This will be used when processing the bill on Production Entry or Work Order .
If necessary, seek the assistance of Acute Data Systems to help provide assistance with this process.