How to Configure Gmail for Use With Paperless Office, Electronic Delivery on Sage 100 2013 and Newer
How to configure Gmail for use with Paperless Office, Electronic Delivery on Sage 100 2013 and higher
Use caution when working with the below product functionality. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions. If necessary, seek the assistance of a qualified Sage business partner, network administrator, or Sage customer support analyst.
Sage Customer Support does not provide assistance for issues related to third party products or enhancements, hardware, report customizations, state or federal tax-related questions, or specific accounting questions. Please contact your Sage business partner, network administrator, or accountant for assistance.
Note: There are numerous different server programs and providers that provide the services of an SMTP e-mail server. Sage does not test Sage 100 with all e-mail services/programs/providers. Sage 100 Customer Support is not responsible for knowing the exact combination of program or provider, security or permission settings, inbound or outbound rules, account logins, passwords, bandwidth restrictions, etc. to enable successful e-mail delivery. The specifics of services, programs, and providers are subject to change. If an error is encountered, troubleshoot based on the Chilkat error log information. You may need to try various settings, or test an alternate service, program, or provider.
The following is for informational purposes. Sage 100 Customer Support cannot guarantee that the steps will work in your specific situation. The exact steps and processes and settings required for success are subject to change by Google at any time.
Steps to Configure email settings for the Sage 100 company code selected
- Open Library Master, Main menu, Company Maintenance
- For Company Code, enter or select the applicable company code from lookup
- Access the E-mail tab
- For Address, enter smtp.gmail.com (or the value issued by your provider)
- For Port, enter 465 (or the value issued by your provider)
- For SMTP Encryption, select SSL from the drop-down list box
- For User ID, enter your Gmail address in the format: email@example.com
- Google Apps users, please enter your email address in the format: username@your_domain.com
- Enter Gmail password in the Password field (Use 8 or more characters with a mix of letters, numbers & symbols)
- If your client does not support SMTP authentication, you won’t be able to send mail through your client using your Gmail address
- If you’re having trouble sending mail but you’ve confirmed that encryption is active for SMTP in your mail client, try to configure your SMTP server on a different port: 465 or 587
- Checking the box “Use as Default Company for Server Settings” does not apply these email settings to all Sage 100 companies (see Sage 100 Help for additional information)
Steps to Configure your Google email account:
- Log into your Gmail account with Google Chrome
- In the gmail Inbox, in the upper right hand corner it will display the gmail account
- Note: Please review the user account information and userid and confirm this is what is entered in Company Maintenance in Sage 100
- Click the Gear symbol in the top right section of the page to access Account Settings
- Select Mail Settings from the Context menu
- Click Forwarding and Pop from the top navigation bar in the Mail Settings section
- Click the radio button next to Enable POP for all mail
- Select an option for leaving mail on the server using the drop-down box
- You are given the option to delete e-mail off of the server once received or to leave a copy of the e-mail on the server
- Google recommends leaving a copy of the e-mail on the Gmail server
- Select the Connected apps and sites option under Sign-in & Security.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and Turn On “Allow less secure apps“
- Click the Save Changes button and exit the Mail Settings page
- Log out of Gmail
- The Gmail account is now ready to send and receive e-mail using an e-mail client