To import account information or transactions, follow these general steps on Sage 300 General Ledger:
- Open the screen for the data you want to import.
- Click File > Import. The Import dialog box appears. The information columns are dimmed until you select a file or database to import.
- In the Type field, select the format of the data you are importing.
- Select an action from the drop-down list:
- To import new records, select Insert.
- To overwrite existing records, select Update.
- To import new records and update existing records, select Insert and Update.
- Click the Browse button, and then specify one of the following, depending on the type of data you are importing:
- Access database
- Excel file
- A path or database (for a CSV import)
- In the Import dialog box, the columns are no longer dimmed, and you can edit them. (For example, you can right-click on cells in the Contents column to change values.)
- Click OK to import the data. A message appears, displaying the number of updates and insertions, and the number of items processed.