Sage 100: How to set up ACH Electronic Payments in Accounts Payable
- Sage 100: How to set up ACH Electronic Payments in Accounts Payable
- Sage 100: How to set up Vendor ACH direct deposit
Sage Customer Support does not provide assistance for issues related to third-party products or enhancements, hardware, report customizations, state or federal tax-related questions, or specific accounting questions.
- Open Accounts Payable, Setup, Accounts Payable Options
- Click ACH Tab and select the Enable ACH Electronic Payments and Print Vendor Remittance Advice checkboxes.
- In the ACH Electronic Payments Folder field, enter the full path to the folder where you want to save the electronic payment files or click the Browse Directory button to browse to the folder.
- If this field is blank, the electronic payment files will be saved in the Accounts Payable company folder, for example, ..\MAS_xxx\APxxx (xxx=company code)
- To post the ACH Payments on the Checks tab in Bank Rec, check Post to Bank Reconciliation in Detail. If this is not checked, the ACH payments will post in summary on the Dep/Adjust (Only available in version 2013 and later).
- Click Accept
- Open Accounts Payable, Setup, ACH Interface Maintenance
- Select Bank Code from the lookup
- Select the Pre-note Approved check box.
- Complete the following fields:
- Immediate Destination: (this is the bank’s or the Standard Federal Bank’s transit routing). If the user enters an invalid number, the message You have entered an invalid routing/transit number. If you enter a number other than a routing/transit number (for example, a Federal ID) this message will always appear. Do you want to accept this number? will appear.
- Immediate Origin fields: (this field is the routing/transit number or the Federal Tax ID of the ACH operator or sending point of the file).
- Originating DFI (ODFI): (This field is the Originating Depository Financial Institution (ODFI) Routing/Transit number for the bank issuing the ACH file on behalf of its client. Once the Immediate Origin number is entered, the first 8 digits of the Immediate Origin number will default, but can be changed).
- Click on the Records tab and enter the following
- Service Class Code: 200 (The Service Class Code identifies the classification of dollar entries to be exchanged. Default setting is set to 200)
- Standard Class Entry: PPD (The Standard Entry Class Code identifies the transactions being transmitted. Default is PPD)
- On the Additional tab, select the… Include Debit Record checkbox if your bank requires including debit record. In a typical implementation, you may not have to check this field. However, there are known instances where a Financial Institution may require including the debit record.
- Transaction Code: 00 (This option will be enabled if Include Debit Record is checked (Yes).
- Receiving DFI Identification: 000000000 (check with your Financial Institution for the Receiving DFI ID)
- DFI Account Number: 0000000000000000000000 (check with your Financial Institution for the DFI Account Number)
- Individual ID Number: 00000000000000000000 (check with your Financial Institution for the Individual ID Number)
- Select Yes from the Set Put CR/LF after Each Record dropdown and select the Include Addenda Record checkbox (if your Financial Institution require it)
- Click Accept
- Open Account Payable, Main, Vendor Maintenance
- Click Vendor Number look up and select an applicable vendor
- On the Main tab, select the Electronic Payment checkbox
- Click the More drop-down arrow and select Electronic Payment
- In the Vendor Electronic Payment, enter or select the following and click Accept:
- Bank Account No: 000000000
- Routing Transit No: 000000000
- Bank Account Type: Checking or Savings
- Distribution Method: Percent of Net Amount, Percent of Gross and Fixed Amount.
- Percent Amount: XX%
- Pre-Note Sent: Approved
- If you want to generate a Prenote file for your financial institute leave this set to NO. You can then run the Prenote Selection Register and update it and generate a ‘PRENOTE’ ACH file for your bank. Once the bank is satisfied with the ACH file, then you will run the Prenote Approval Register to update the Vendor record to Approved.
- Pre-Note Date: MM/DD/YYYY
- Click Accept
- Open Accounts Payable, Check Printing and Electronic Payment, Invoice Payment Selection
- Click on the Select button
- Highlight the first Invoice for an ACH vendor and click OK button
- Verify the Include Electronic Payment Vendors is set to Yes and click the Printer icon
- Click Preview and then close the Invoice Payment Selection Register
- Click Yes to Do you want to print checks and/or remittance advice?
- In the Select Payment type window, verify the Both radial button is selected and click OK
- Print the Electronic Payment Remittance Advice
- Click Ok to remove stubs message and click Yes to Do you want to print the Check and Electronic Payment Registers?”
- Click the Preview button and close the Check Register
- Click Yes to Do you want to print the Electronic Payment Register?
- Click the Preview button and close the Electronic Payment Register
- Click Yes to Do you want to update the Check and Electronic Payment Registers? and Yes to the prompt to update the Daily Transaction Register to the General Ledger
- Open Accounts Payable, Check Printing and Electronic Payment, Generate ACH File
- Click Proceed button
- Go to the ACH Electronic Payment Folder created on step 3 to view ACH file.
NOTE: The ACH interface file is NOT automatically uploaded to your bank, you must manually upload the ACH file that Sage 100 created to your bank.
If necessary, seek the assistance of Acute Data Systems to help provide assistance with this process.