The Benefits of using Sage Fixed Assets | Asset and Depreciation Tracking
It’s crucial to understand what Fixed Assets actually are in order to pursue such a high performing business software like Sage Fixed Assets.
So, what are they?
What are Fixed Assets?
Fixed Assets are tangible items that are purchased for long-term use that cannot quickly be converted to cash, meaning that they are illiquid. It refers to something an organization owns that creates revenue and generates income over time.
Examples include: property & real estate, machinery, vehicles, furniture, and last but not least, equipment/tools.
So, why do you need to track them?
What does Asset/Depreciation Tracking do?
Asset Tracking is a must-do when running or trying to manage an organization. It shows you what you own and how to manage them properly. It saves time and you’ll understand it’s whereabouts, who has had them, and its efficiency in generating revenue. It is of great importance to help your business grow and operate.
Additionally, Asset/Depreciation Tracking helps with:
- Data Integrity
- Preventing Fraud
- Audit Preparation
- Ghost/Zombie Assets
- Disaster Recovery
Once you take the time to understand the importance and necessity of Asset Tracking, then you need to find the software that works for you. Luckily…we did the busy work for you instead.
At Acute Data Systems, we suggest Sage Fixed Assets as the best Asset Tracking system fit for your company.
Why should I use Sage Fixed Assets as my Asset/Depreciation Tracking Software?
Sage Fixed Assets is a system designed for Asset Tracking, covering four major areas within asset management: Planning, Depreciation, Tracking, and Reporting.
What are its Benefits?
- Allows the ability to budget for new assets and place them in service
- Beneficial for project-based organizations
- Manages the financial aspects of assets
- Over 300,000 tax laws accounted for within the software
- Choice of 50 different depreciation methods.
- Ability to attach images for documentation
- Manage the physical aspects of assets
- Includes barcode scanner and labeling system
- About 50 built-in reports for depreciation/tracking
- Read to submit tax forms
- Built in group security permissions
- Customize existing reports
- Create new reports from scratch
- Integration with Sage ERP
- Sage Fixed Assets can be recorded during normal purchasing process in Sage ERP
- Deprecation system can make automated GL postings.