Sage 300: Where to Download SQL Native Client
By default SQL Native Client (version 2005) is installed on PCs with Sage 300 ERP.
In order to use the full functionality of the SQL network process, the appropriate SQL native client should be installed.
SQL Server 2008 R2 uses the SQL Native Client 10.
SQL Server 2012 uses SQL Native Client 11
The SQL Native Client installation media is found on the SQL Server DVD in the Setup folder.
If the installation disk is not available it may be downloaded directly from Microsoft.
- Go to microsoft.com and in the search bar type in “SQL Feature Pack” and select Search.
- Go to the appropriate version of “SQL Feature Pack”, but do not download it.
- Unfold the “Install Instructions” by clicking the plus sign on the left.
- Then, scroll down to the title “Microsoft SQL Server Connectivity Pack Components”. The first of which should be the ” Microsoft SQL Server XXXX Native Client”.
- Download and save the sqlncli.msi from the X64 Package. The X64 Package contains both the 32 bit and 64 bit client driver.
To manually download it, try the following link:
If necessary, seek the assistance of Acute Data Systems to help provide assistance with this process.