How To Reverse a Wire Transfer Payment in Sage 300
When using a Payment Code that has an Other Payment Type for a payment, the Other Account box will become available to assign another account other than the bank account to have the payment credited from.
How do you reverse such a payment since the payment does not show up in Bank Reconciliation?
Reverse the payment by using Adjustment Entry.
- In A/P Transactions, double-click the Adjustment Entry icon.
- Select the vendor in the Vendor No box.
- In the Document Number box, select the invoice that you have made the payment to.
- Select the same account that you used in the Other Account box when the payment was applied.
- Enter the amount that you want to reverse in the Debit column.
- Post the adjustment.
- If the invoice has been fully paid, the adjustment will reinstate the invoice so it becomes outstanding again.