Sage 300 General LedgerSage 300 ERP (formerly called Accpac) General Ledger is the foundation of your accounting system. With the flexibility that meets the current and future financial management requirements of organizations of all types and sizes, General Ledger provides a robust feature set designed to handle your most demanding budgeting and processing needs. It fully integrates with all modules and is the key to maximizing the efficiency and accuracy of your financial data.
Sage 300 General Ledger Capabilities
- Create alphanumeric account numbers as long as 45 characters.
- Flag General Ledger accounts as inactive to stop using them, but retain them in the system for historical and reporting purposes.
- Maintain separate periods for adjusting and closing entries.
- Assign different retained earnings accounts to different account segments.
- Set up and schedule recurring journal entries for transactions that are processed on a regular basis.
- Drill down to the originating journal entry and transaction from transaction history.
- Lock budgets to prevent unauthorized changes.
- Limit the batches shown in the Batch List window to only those from a single sub-ledger.
- Automatically create budgets using prior year information or choose from seven other computation methods.
- Create analytical reports, spreadsheets, graphs, and charts, and update budgets automatically through full integration with Microsoft® Excel.
- Produce fast, flexible, customized financial statements through full integration with Microsoft® Excel.
- Print consolidated statements or statements for any accounting division represented by an account number segment code.
- Auto-reverse entries to eliminate manual accrual tracking and specify the period for the reversal.
- Reverse a posted transaction.
- Drill down from a posted or unposted journal entry to the originating transaction.
Account Code ChangeIncluded with the General Ledger module, Account Code Change provides a simple way to quickly and easily change, combine, or copy your important business data. Efficiently replace outdated information with a few keystrokes to remain current with elements critical to your business. Account Code Change also includes the ability to modify segment delimiters and the account segment length.
- Ease system management by deleting, maintaining, and renumbering your GL account numbers.
- Import multiple changes, copy, and combine from one external file.
- Access multiple change features with the easy-to-use toolbar buttons.
- Use Change by Example to make multiple changes from one example entry.
- Works with General Ledger, GL Security, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Inventory Control, Order Entry, Purchase Orders, Project and Job Costing, Common Services, U.S./Canadian Payroll.
G/L SecurityIncluded with the General Ledger module, the G/L Security module enables organizations to control which users can view or use certain general ledger accounts based on segment validation in G/L Security settings.
- Control access to any accounts in your general ledger by segment. This allows you to limit user activity to a prescribed set of accounts, blocking sensitive or confidential accounts from being seen or changed.
- Tailor access to accounts for each Sage 300 (Accpac) user or group of users.
- Set access rights for single or multi-segment validation or for single or multiple account validation.
- Restrict users from viewing batches containing accounts from which they are prohibited.
- Restrict users from adding accounts only to segments to which they have access.
- Add or remove user restrictions at any time in response to staffing changes, changes to your account structure, or as security concerns arise.
- Restrict financial reports only to valid accounts.
Speak with one of our Consultants
Contact us for more information