Sage 100 Error: "Unhandled Exception: Cannot open backup device MAS_System.bak"
(When Migrating to Sage 100 Premium)
- Error: “Unhandled Exception: Cannot open backup device MAS_System.bak” when migrating to Sage 100 2017 Premium
- Error: “Operating System Error 5” when migrating to Sage 100 2017 Premium
Use caution when working with the below product functionality. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions. If necessary, seek the assistance of a qualified Sage business partner, network administrator, or Sage customer support analyst.
Configure the new Sage 100 2017 Premium ‘SQL Server’ instance service (e.g. SQL Server <2017_Instance>) to run with the Local System account
- Press Windows Key + R or select Start, Run
- Type: services.msc
- Select OK
- Double-click the Sage 100 2017 SQL server service (e.g. SQL Server <2017_Instance>, where <2017_instance> is the SQL Instance name of your Sage 100 2017 Premium installation)
- Select ‘Log On’ tab
- Select ‘Local System Account‘ radio button
- Select OK to save changes
- Right-click SQL Server <2017_Instance> and select Restart
- Exit Windows Services Console