Report Designer Component is Required in Sage Intelligence Reporting but isn't Installed in the Workstation
- “Report designer component is required by this report and is not installed on this workstation” in Intelligence Reporting
- Cannot run the Financial Reports Designer 1-0
- Can run the Sales Analysis 1-4
- Can run the Purchase Analysis 1-1
- In Excel, under Add-Ins, the BI Generator does not display under COM Add-Ins
Operating System Warning
This solution requires advanced knowledge of your computer’s operating system. Contact your system administrator for assistance. Modifying your Windows Registry incorrectly can severely affect system operations. Sage is not responsible for operation issues caused by incorrectly modifying your Windows Registry. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions.
Sage Intelligence Reporting will be retired for Sage 50—U.S. Edition
Sage Intelligence Reporting will be retired and no longer supported for Sage 50—U.S. Edition on October 1, 2022.
If you are looking for an alternative solution, Logicim XLGL is a Microsoft Excel add-in that makes Sage 50 U.S. Edition reporting easy and flexible. For a special 20% discount, customers can visit XLGL for Sage 50, while SAN members and partners can visit XLGL for Sage 50 SAN.
- The current user is not a Windows local administrator
- User does not have sufficient permissions
- User does not have full rights to the machine to access the BI* and DESIGNER folders located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files
- Verify that the current user is a Windows local administrator; if not either give the user local admin rights, or log n as a local admin
- See Article ID 14756
- Close out of Sage
- Click Start and type in Programs and features
- Uninstall Intelligence Reporting
- Right click on Sage and Run as Administrator
- Open up an intelligence reporting report and let it install
- Verify you can now open up an Intelligence report