How to reinitialize Purchase Order return of goods files in Sage 100
How to reinitialize Purchase Order return of goods files
Purchase Order return of goods/invoice reinitialize list
Use caution when working with the below product functionality. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions. If necessary, seek the assistance of a qualified Sage business partner, network administrator, or Sage customer support analyst.
These steps should only be taken after careful determination of the situation. Assistance by a qualified support technician may be necessary for diagnosis. Reinitialization of data files should never be used to fix an interrupted update attempt. See notes at end for general guidelines. If necessary, seek the assistance of a qualified Sage Customer Support analysis
Caution: Be sure to update any good Receipt of Goods and Receipt of Invoices.
The PO_ReceiptReturnMatRqByPO data file is also used by PO Receipt of Goods and the P/O Batch Masterfile (Batch Manager) data file is used by Receipt of Goods/Invoice, Return of Goods, and Material Requisitions. Do not proceed if there are any unposted entries in these files.
To reinitialize the Purchase Order Return of Goods Data Entry files, perform the following:
- Open Library Master, Utilities, Reinitialize Data Files
- In the Company field, select the affected company code
- In the Module field, select Purchase Order
- Select the following files:
- PO_ReceiptReturnMatRqByPO (also used by Receipt of Goods, and Receipt of Invoice entry)
- Click Proceed and Yes to warning
- If Sage 100c Multi-Bin Basic is installed (valid for versions 2016 and beyond), also select files:
If batch entry is used, delete the batch record from GL_CompanyActiveBatch
- Open Library Master, Utilities, Data File Display and Maintenance (DFDM).
- Browse to ..\Mas90\MAS_xxx\Glxxx (xxx = company code) file
- Select GL_CompanyActiveBatch
- Click Key Scan, and select the batch number. For example, the key P/O0200001 has the following format:
- Module code: 2 characters (P/O)
- Batch Type: 2 digits (02)
- Batch Number: 5 digits (00001)
- Click Delete
- Rebuild the Purchase Order sort files, and select to recalculate open purchase order quantities