Orchid RMA Processing
Return Material Authorization (RMA) and Repair Tracking (RT)
- Improved customer service
- More accurate inventory and financial records
- Providing you with a traceable single point of information
What is Return Material Authorization (RMA)?
Return Material Authorizations (RMA) streamlines the management of product returns and repairs from within your Sage 300 system. Flexible workflows allow you to authorize customer returns, initiate replacement orders, issue credit notes, and return faulty goods to the vendor.
Once the return episode has been completed, cross-referenced accounting entries are generated in Sage 300 (PO, OE and IC), ensuring that your inventory and financial records are kept up-to-date.
All information is stored within Sage 300. No more standalone databases, spreadsheets, or handwritten notes. Full visibility of status and location are maintained from end to end, so your customers can be kept fully informed of progress. Analytical reports provide early warning of product quality issues, allowing you to take corrective action.
The move towards an online economy has brought greater competition, lower margins, and ever higher service expectations. An integrated, automated system to consistently and efficiently manage returns and repairs has never been more important.
Orchid’s RMA module has been helping Sage 300 (Accpac) users manage their returns since 1999, evolving with each subsequent release.
How It Works
- Fast and simple repair tracking and billing.
- Automatic allocation and tracking of RMA ID numbers.
- Status tracking based on user definable status and workflow stage codes.
- Email a range of RMA instructions to customers.
- Define an RMA Customer email address (different from AR Customer or contact email).
- Customised Setup:
- Templates to speed up data entry and validation, defined at customer level or system wide.
- Email templates save time and provide consistent customer service.
- Item return policies to enforce return rules at item level.
- Specify employees authorized to approve RMAs. They need not be Sage 300 users.
- Multicurrency support.
- Automatically calculates Restocking Fees.
- “Entered By” field recorded on RMA transactions.
- A framework to support your Returns processing.
- Optional automatic creation of RMA from original customer invoice.
- Creation of customer Credit Note in Order Entry, and return to inventory.
- Duplicate Credit Note checking.
- Duplicate customer RMA checking.
- Create sales order in Order Entry to replace returned goods.
- Inventory return to vendor in Purchase Orders.
- Include multiple customer invoices on one RMA.
- For distributors, record the consumer of the product being returned for analysis purposes.
- Shipping documentation.
- Return Instruction Form detailing return procedures to be performed by customer.
- Track claims for cost recovery, e.g. cost of inventory damaged in transit by a 3rd party shipping company.
- Fault type tracking.
- Vendor warranty tracking.
- 3rd Party Repair Agent tracking.
- Reports and inquiries to view status of returns.
- Optional fields at Header, Item or Miscellaneous Charge level for configurable tracking.
- Seamless integration with Sage 300’s IC, AR, OE, PO, Project & Job Costing, Serialized Inventory & Lot Tracking, Transactional Analysis & Optional Field modules.
- Supports customer, vendor and item number change.
- Supports Sage 300 Kitting and BOM functionality.
- Improved customer satisfaction.
- Rapid turnaround times.
- Improved cash flow and stock turnover via efficient system with quality focus and fewer write-offs.
- Ensure cost recovery and minimize losses by accurately tracking and billing repairs.
- Increased accuracy of inventory.
- Help reduce cost of returns and handling process.
- Uphold quality by early reporting and identification of product problems.
- Time saved – no need to re-key and check information, less chance of error