Error: "No valid servers found" When Starting Sage 100 ERP Advanced or Premium Edition
Error: “No valid servers found” when launching Sage 100 Advanced or Premium edition from a workstation
This solution requires advanced knowledge of your network. Contact your system administrator for assistance. Modifying Windows security incorrectly can severely affect system operations. Sage is not responsible for operation issues caused by incorrectly modifying your Windows security. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions.
- There may be a Name Resolution problem on the network that needs to be resolved.
- The Server Name might not be linking to the Server’s IP address correctly.
- The workstation’s Sota.ini file may be missing the path to the Sage Application Server (and may be missing other information as well).
- Antivirus interference.
To add the required information to the local SOTA.ini file’s [Server] section:
- Re-run Workstation Setup, select Add and enter the Server Name, Port ID and path when prompted.
- Consider copying the SOTA.ini file’s “[Servers]” section contents from another workstation that can access, into the SOTA.ini file of the workstation.
- The SOTA.ini file can be found in the “..\MAS90\Launcher” folder on the workstation where Workstation Setup has been installed
- The SOTA.ini file is a text file that can be viewed and edited with the NotePad utility that comes with Windows operating systems.
- If more than just the “[Servers]” section is missing from the SOTA.ini file (i.e. there is little or nothing there), consider renaming the file and just copying in the SOTA.ini file from another workstation that can access the same Sage 100 ERP installation or uninstall workstation client and reinstall.
Follow steps below if using Webroot Antivirus
- Browse to the local …\MAS90\Launcher\ folder on the workstation (i.e. C:\Sage\Sage 100 Workstation\Mas90\Launcher)
- Rename Sota.ini to Sota.bad
- Rename Sota.tmp to Sota.ini
- Open Sage 100
Note: There is an ongoing issue with Sage 100 Advanced and Premium on systems running Webroot Antivirus. We are currently working on a permanent resolution.