How to setup the CRM module in a New Company inside Sage 100 2015 and Sage 100 2016
How to setup the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) module in a Sage 100 2015 or Sage 100 2016 Company .
or How to set up the integration between Sage 100 2015 or Sage 100 2016 and Sage CRM 7.3.
Note: The Sage 100 Integration Engine to communicate with Sage CRM is installed as part of the Sage 100 installation. To manually un-install and reinstall the Sage 100 Integration Engine, see Related Resources.
For information on integrating other versions of Sage 100 with Sage CRM, see Related Resources.
Sage Customer Support does not provide assistance for issues related to third party products or enhancements, hardware, report customizations, state or federal tax-related questions, or specific accounting questions.
From the Sage 100 2015/ 2016 Help Screens
You can set up the Customer Relationship Management module to use Sage CRM software with the Accounts Receivable and Sales Order modules. Salespeople with access to Sage CRM can use Sage 100 tasks to create relationships between Accounts Receivable customers and Sage CRM companies, maintain customer and company information, and create sales orders and quotes.
- Use CRM Server Options and CRM Company Options to set up the integration between Accounts Receivable and Sage CRM. This includes determining to what extent Sage CRM salespeople can maintain company information in Sage CRM and related customer information in Accounts Receivable
Before You Begin
- Before setting up the Customer Relationship Management module, make sure you understand the concepts in Customer Relationship Management FAQswithin Sage 100 Help
- The Sage CRM software must be installed and set up
- The Sage 100 ERP Integration Engine service must be running on the server; the startup type should be set to Automatic. For more information, refer to your Sage 100 ERP Installation and System Administrator’s Guide.
- The Accounts Receivable and Sales Order modules must be set up in the Sage 100 company
To set up Customer Relationship Management for a company in Sage 100
- Create a Sage 100 ERP user logon for use by the Integration Engine to synchronize data between Sage 100 and Sage CRM. The logon must have access to the Accounts Receivable and Sales Order Modules, and it must not be used by any other users. For more information, see Set Up Security(in Sage 100 Help)
- Set up the CRM server options.
- Select Customer Relationship Management, Main, CRM Server Options
- Enter a Sage CRM instance ID and name (For more information, see CRM Server Options – Fields in Sage 100 Help)
- In the Integration Server Name field, type the name of the server where the Integration Engine is located
- In the Sage 100 ERP User Logon field, type the user logon that you created in step 1.
- Enter the server name, database name, and logon information for the SQL server where Sage CRM is installed
- In the Allow Changes in Sage CRM to Update fields, select the type(s) of information that Sage CRM users will be allowed to change for Sage CRM companies that are related to Accounts Receivable customers
- In the Log Activity fields, select the types of activity to record in the CRM Activity Log
- Click Accept. When you click Accept, the Sage 100 ERP Integration Engine automatically loads Sage CRM data to the Sage 100 system
- Note: After options are set up, you can manually start the loading of Sage CRM data into Sage 100 ERP by clicking Load Sage CRM Data in this window
- Set up the CRM company options:
- Select Customer Relationship Management, Main, CRM Company Options
- Enter a Sage CRM instance ID. For more information, see CRM Company Options – Fieldsin Sage 100 Help
- To allow Sage CRM users to create Accounts Receivable customers when creating relationships between Sage CRM companies and Accounts Receivable customers, select the Allow Customer Creation from Sage CRM check box
- If you are allowing the creation of new customers in Sage CRM, select the following options as appropriate:
- Select the Automatically Assign Customer Number check box to assign the next new customer number entered in the Next Automatic Customer Number field in Accounts Receivable Options
- Enter the default template to use in the Default Customer Template Customer templates are maintained in Customer Template Maintenance
- To allow Sage CRM users to select a template other than the template entered at the Default Customer Template field, select the Allow Customer Template Selection from Sage CRM check box
- In the Prospect Customer Number field, type the Accounts Receivable customer number to use when Sage CRM users create a quote in Sales Order Entry for a Sage CRM prospect company. A Sage CRM prospect company is not related to an Accounts Receivable customer. For more information, see Customer Relationship Management FAQs in Sage 100 Help
- To allow users to create on-the-fly opportunities, select the Allow On-the-Fly Opportunities check box
- To allow Sage 100 users to create new Sage CRM companies, contacts, and/or ship-to addresses when creating relationships between Accounts Receivable customers and Sage CRM companies, select the appropriate options in the Automatically Create Sage CRM Records When Adding New fields
- Click Accept
- Set up Accounts Receivable salespeople with access to Sage 100 ERP tasks from Sage CRM (For more information, see Set Up Salespeople for Sage CRMin Sage 100 Help)
- If you have a large amount of data, use the Relationship Management Wizard to create relationships between your Sage 100 ERP customer data and your Sage CRM company data. After using the wizard to create relationships for groups of records, you can create relationships on a case-by-case basis from within individual company or customer records. (For more information, see Create Relationships Between Sage CRM and Accounts Receivable in Sage 100 Help). Manually test the integration with a single Accounts Receivable customer in Sage 100 and a single Company in CRM prior to using the Wizard.
- At each workstation that will be used for Sage CRM, access the Internet Properties window from the Control Panel, and add the path to the server where Sage CRM is installed to either the local intranet zone or the trusted sites zone.
- If the workstation is connected to the same network as the server, add the path to the local intranet zone
- If the workstation is not connected to the same network as the server, add the path to the trusted sites zone.
- Log on to the workstation
- Open the Control Panel and click Internet Options
- Click the Security tab
- Select either Local intranet or Trusted sites, and click Sites
- If you selected Trusted sites, enter the path to the server. If you selected Local intranet, click Advanced, and then enter the path to the server