How to add logos or images to Crystal reports and forms
How to add logos or images to custom Crystal Reports forms or reports
Use caution when working with the below product functionality. Always create a backup of your data before proceeding with advanced solutions.
Note: These procedures require proficiency with Crystal Reports software.
Sage 100 Customer Support cannot assist with customizing Crystal Reports or troubleshooting issues or errors encountered with customized Crystal Reports. You may want to consider working with a qualified channel partner or consultant. See the Related Resources section below for additional resources.
To add an image using the Insert menu in Crystal Reports:
- Open the form or report printing window in Sage 100
- Example: Open Sales Order, Main menu, Invoice Printing
- Click the Designer button to open the form or report in Crystal Reports Designer
- Note: For information on getting the Designer button to be available for a user at a workstation, see the Related Resources section below.
- Note: Sage 100 versions 2013 through 2016 uses Crystal Reports 2011 for Sage
- On the Insert menu, click Picture
- Browse to the folder where the image is located
- Select the image, click Open, and a box representing the image displays
- Note: The known supported file formats are:
- BMP (Bitmap)
- JPG (Joint Photographic Experts Group)
- PNG (Portable Network Graphics)
- TIFF (Tagged Image File
- WMF (Microsoft’s Metafile, added in Crystal Reports 10)
- Note: Crystal Reports will be converting the image to bitmap format internally, therefore it is possible the image quality changes when viewed in Crystal Reports.
- Place the image in the desired location.
- Save the changes, and close Crystal Reports.
Note: The larger the file size, the slower the form will Print or Preview. Keep this in mind when inserting logos or images. For a Bitmap image, such as a logo, try using a lower bit depth, such as 4-bit or 8-bit, rather than 24-bit. The lower the bit depth, the smaller the file size.
If necessary, seek the assistance of Acute Data Systems to help provide assistance with this process.